Thornton has been at CSJFTC since ʻ06 | People
Anthony John Thornton is the head program coordinator at the Self Help center at the Training Aids Support Center at Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center where he has been working since 2006.
He is a Hattiesburg native and a member of the Mississippi Army National Guard.
“As a Soldier, I feel my military experience allows for understanding when working with other Soldiers,” he said. Thornton served in the MSARNG and received the Purple Heart for injuries sustained while deployed with Battery C, 2nd Battalion, 114th Field Artillery during Operation Enduring Freedom III in 2005.
For more on this article click HERE. Pg. 7A
Upcoming Events near Camp Shelby
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Unauthorized use of city gasoline cards, city council outraged
- Burned body of infant may have been found in Marion County, suspect detained
- Home Instead makes Christmas merrier for area seniors
- Midday Guest: Alonzo Williams with Southern Inspiration of Praise
- OGHS, Ashley Furniture raise money for Homes of Hope