Dixie Electric Offers Toll-free Number to Report Outages | News
The following is a press release from Dixie Electric:
Dixie Electric members can now report power outages using the toll-free number 888-465-9209. This number dials the Association’s call center directly.
Members can continue to report power outages by calling their local district office.
- Laurel – 601-425-2535
- Petal – 601-583-1131
- Waynesboro – 601-735-2072
Dixie Electric began using Cooperative Response Center’s call center services in July. CRC answers after-hours phone calls and dispatches personnel.
In addition, Dixie Electric would like to remind members to stay safe during and after the storm.
- Treat all power lines as energized. Stay away from them, and call to report any hazards.
- Stay off the roads if possible. This protects our members and allows emergency personnel to respond to the public if possible.
- Prevent generator back feed. Plug appliances or equipment directly into the generator. Keep the generator in an open area to reduce carbon monoxide emissions.
Dixie Electric serves 38,000 accounts in Jones, Wayne, Forrest, Perry, Clarke, Covington and Jasper counties. The Association is headquartered in Laurel and has district offices in Petal and Waynesboro.
Upcoming Events near Camp Shelby
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program