Wicker says Ryan selection brings energy to GOP ticket | News
CAMP SHELBY, MS (WDAM)- Last Saturday, Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney named Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice-presidential running mate. Now, one week later, Mississippi Sen. Roger Wicker says Ryan's selection has brought new energy to the GOP campaign.
"It seems like when I saw Gov. Romney speaking this week, he looked a little bit like Ronald Reagan on the stump to me," Wicker said Friday at Camp Shelby. "And so, I think it's energized the whole ticket. (The presidential race is) going to be up and down...it's going to be very close," he said.
Wicker was on post to tour the Base Supply Center.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Camp Shelby
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program